Reflection 1

A personal reflection on the separation caused by military training and deployment from the perspective of an Air Force wife.

Monday, June 27, 2011

It's going to be okay...

So it's been a few days since my Love left for training and I'm doing a lot better than I thought I would.  I'm pretty surprised by it but I'm glad that it's turning out this way.  As for when the actual deployment happens, that's another story, until that day comes I won't be sure how I'll take it.  Our daughter and I are basically entertaining each other in any way we can; watching movies, reading, going online, etc, but it's obviously not as fun and wonderful as when my husband is at home with us.  I'm so used to him lounging on the couch while we watch movies or tv, or even when I'm cooking (especially on the weekends), or taking little cat naps in our room and even waiting for him to come home from the gym.  Actually that's what our daughter and I feel, that we're perpetually waiting for Aaron to come home from the gym.  We can't help feeling that way though; that's usually his stop before coming home after work and often on the weekends if we don't have any major plans.  I think it's a bit easier to think of it that way.  The nights are much harder though, I'm so used to cuddling with him and listening to him sleep so I can fall asleep.  Lately, I've been staying up until around 2am either talking to my sister or parents on the phone just to get sleepy, then waking up around 9 or 10am in the morning.  I guess it's kind of better that way since by the time we get up and eat breakfast, etc, half the day is done with.  It makes this time away from each other more manageable and go by a bit faster.  Obviously, when Fall starts things will get a lot more hectic around here so hopefully the days will pass by twice as fast for our daughter and I.  The definite highlight of our day is when Aaron calls us on the phone, I like hearing how his day goes, no matter how mundane it may be.  Anything that he tells me I absolutely cherish.  I just can't wait for all of this to be over and I can have my wonderful husband back, safe and sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment