Reflection 1

A personal reflection on the separation caused by military training and deployment from the perspective of an Air Force wife.

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

been awhile...

So it's been a few days since I last wrote and for good reason.  As much as I am missing my husband I can't help but think about some of the stuff that I read on milspouse.com about husbands acting up during TDY's and deployments.  Some went as far as e-mailing their spouses for a divorce while still deployed.  I thought that was absolutely ridiculous and unforgivable no matter how much pressure the service member is under.  In our case, my husband is well aware that if it wasn't for my daughter and I both being in school, I wouldn't hesitate going back to my parents and living there until he comes back from deployment.  As much as I love being in Europe, I'm not particularly found of our current location, especially since he's not with us during that time frame.  Anyhow, I debated with myself as to if and how I would bring this up to him and last night I gave in and talked to him about it.  I simply told my husband that I was on the milspouse site and was reading up about deployment issues when I came across this particular post.  I gave him some of the details of certain situation and in the end I told him that if I even have an inkling that he's going to bring something up like that to me, my daughter and I are packing our bags and leaving, simple as that.  I also mentioned to him some of the lengths that certain troops went to cheat on their wives, and in some cases getting the other service member pregnant.  He assured me that that won't happen to us and I do believe him but I thought it something that we should address because it is a real occurrence in our military community.  I will not waste our daughters' or my time in a place we don't want to be just for him to hurt us, because that would not only hurt me but would greatly affect or daughter as well.  I just feel better that I brought that up to him.
Another thing we talked about afterward, which I didn't bring up, he did, was when we should try for another baby.  After lots of consideration we both felt that if we were going to do this, we would do it after our vacation in the States in the end of June.  He thought that was a brilliant idea and we're decided, that definitely makes me feel that our marriage has more solidarity and I love it.  I miss him so much and our daughter does as well.  We still have a few more weeks before he comes back and need to really put a dent in this reorganization so today, our daughter and went and bought more storage containers and will do so again on Thursday.  Until the next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment